Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Northwest Animal Rights Network (NARN). Volunteers are fundamental in our mission to end the exploitation of animals. Whether you’re an experience veteran in the world of animal activism or you’re dipping your toes in the water for the first time, we’re looking forward to working with you!
NARN has been dedicated to ending the exploitation of animals by raising awareness of animal suffering in the food, entertainment, experimentation, and fashion industries since 1986. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and include teachers, engineers, social workers, students, computer programmers, and artists. Our efforts include outreach, demonstrations, litigation, and educational events. No matter what your talents are, we have a volunteer opportunity for you. There are so many ways to get involved with the Northwest Animal Rights Network that there are sure to be plenty of volunteer opportunities that fit your interest, skill, energy, and time available.
Examples of volunteer work include:
- Handing out pamphlets and information (leafleting and tabling)
- Tabling outreach at local events
- Flyering at local events
- Helping out with organizing events
- Participating in work parties
- Conducting online research
- Writing blog posts
- Design, poster design, logo making, etc.
- Sign & poster making
- Letter writing
- Campaign management
- Demonstrating at circuses, animal labs, furriers, etc.
- Web programming (CSS, WordPress, etc.)
- Event planning and management
- Fundraising and development (broad activities)
- Member recruiting and outreach (broad activities)
- Marketing (social outreach, street teams, etc.)
For more specific volunteer opportunities, our Monthly Volunteer Newsletter will highlight current needs. Please fill out our Volunteer Form below to be added to this list. If you’re not in the Northwest area and/or looking for ideas to help animals, here are some other ideas of What You Can Do to Help Animals.