Did you know that the Puget Sound area is a bastion of primate captivity, torture, poison, and death. Seattle is home to three University of Washington primate laboratories, including the nations only infant primate laboratory, there is a primate testing breeding, importing, and consulting firm in Edmonds, and Everett is home to a third-party animal clinical trial facility that tests on primates and other non-human animals.
Primate Liberation Week is a time for us all to take pause in our lives and think about the “someones not somethings” that currently suffer scared and sick behind bars, in dark cages, experiencing heart breaking horrors in the name of science. Please join us to speak out for our cousins, help educate the public on why animal experimentation is not good for people or animals, and hold animal abusers accountable. [N = NARN hosted event]
- Saturday October 11, 2014: Kick-off event and Letter Writing Party with special guest speaker. 3:30-5:30 pm at the Capitol Hill branch Library. RSVP on Facebook. [N]
- Monday October 13, 2014: University of Washington Protest 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm at 3010 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98121 (between Space Needle and Sculpture Park).
- Wednesday October 15, 2014 Demonstration at UW Health Science Center at NE Pacific St and NE Pacific Place. RSVP on Facebook. [N]
- Thursday October 16, 2014: NARN Social and Letter Writing Party, 7:00-9:00 PM. Come meet other veg-friendly people while working to help primates. [N]
- Saturday October 18, 2014 Bunny Alliance ABX/DHL Protest 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm at DHL Home Office, 2606 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121. RSVP on Facebook.
If these events don’t fit in your schedule, there are other opportunities to volunteer. We need help with volunteers to hold banners for a few mornings during the week and to help table at the UW if you are a student or have expertise in primates. Please get in touch with us.