Watoto is an elephant at Woodland Park Zoo. The Zoo is planning to send her to another impoverished zoo exhibit and she needs your help!
1) Come to the July 14 City Council meeting
What: Seattle City Council meeting.
When: Monday, July 14th, 1:30pm
Where: Seattle City Hall at 600 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104.
Meet in front of City Hall on 4th Ave.
Free t-shirts will be provided with the message: Seattle Watoto Sanctuary
RSVP: Email Friends of Woodland Park Elephants letting them know if they should order a t-shirt for you.
2) Please email to ask that Watoto be sent to a sanctuary.
Write a polite email to the Seattle City Council and Mayor Ed Murray today. Simply say, “Send Watoto to a Sanctuary” or include these points:
- A majority of citizens want the elephants retired to a sanctuary.
Since the zoo is moving Watoto, we’re asking that the Zoo honor our values and send her to a sanctuary.
- Woodland Park Zoo has received $100 million taxpayer dollars from the City and King County since 2002 making the welfare of Watoto all of our responsibility.
- Twenty-seven zoos have closed or will close their elephant exhibits; let us join those progressive enlightened Zoos.
Addresses for your mail: Ed.email@example.com; Jean.Godden@seattle.gov; Sally.Bagshaw@seattle.gov; Tim.Burgess@seattle.gov; Sally.Clark@seattle.gov; Bruce.Harrell@seattle.gov; Nick.Licata@seattle.gov; Tom.Rasmussen@seattle.gov; Mike.OBrien@seattle.gov; Kshama.Sawant@seattle.gov
Be assured we will never give up on Bamboo and Chai but Watoto needs your help NOW.
Please cross post widely and check out the Free Woodland Park Zoo Elephants site for more information.