Hello animal advocates and liberators of all kinds! World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week 2014 is officially April 19-27, just around the corner. Here are the local events that we are aware of and we hope you can join us, NARN members, individual activists, and other organizations as we work to inform the public and protest against the exploitation of non-human animals in laboratories. Your voice matters. This is the time to speak up.
- Friday April 18, 2014 at 12 pm: Join local activists protesting the horrors inside the UW Infant Primate Research Lab. Details and RSVP on Facebook.
- Saturday April 19, 2014 at 12 pm: Public education and outreach about the UW Primate Research Center across from the SAM Sculpture Park. Details and RSVP on Facebook.
- Saturday April 19, 2014 at 2 pm: Join Art for Animals Sake Lantern workshop in preparation for “Shedding Light” vigil (see below). Details and RSVP on Facebook.
- Tuesday April 22, 2014 at 7 pm: Join Art for Animals Sake for the “Shedding Light” vigil with 280 hand made paper lanterns representing the animals planned for the UW laboratory expansion: Details and RSVP on Facebook.
- Wednesday April 23, 2014 at 6 pm: UW Students and Faculty: join UW Campus Animal Rights Educators (CARE) for a screening of the amazingly poignant documentary, “Maximum Tolerated Dose.” Not open to the public. RSVP and details on Facebook.
- Saturday April 26, 2014: Join The Bunny Alliance in protesting Delta’s involvement in the flying of primates, dogs, and other animals to laboratories. RSVP and details on Facebook.
- Anytime: Fill out the change.org petition started by Art for Animals Sake.
Not all of these are NARN events. If you have questions, please contact the organization via their Facebook event page. Thank you everyone for giving up just a few hours of your time to work for animal liberation. Follow NARN on twitter at @NARNtweet.