The Navy is looking to get permits to continue sonar and explosives exercises in the Pacific Northwest, a controversial exercise that risks the well-being and lives of marine mammals who swim through the Navy’s training range.
The Navy is gathering comments from the public comments on its draft environmental impact statement for the testing range, which occupies parts of the Pacific Ocean from Canada to California.
Interested in speaking up? Come to a hearing:
- Feb. 26, 5-8 pm: Oak Harbor High School, Oak Harbor, WA
- Feb. 27, Cascade High School, Everett, WA
- Feb. 28, North Kitsap High School, Poulsbo, WA
- March 3, Astoria High School, Astoria, OR
- March 4, Isaac Newton Magnet School, Newport, OR
If you can’t beat a hearing, please leave a comment on the Northwest Training and Testing site.
For more info, read the article on the KCTS website.