Help End Animals’ Show Business “Careers”
Video released May 7, 2011, by Animal Defenders International shows the elephant that appears alongside Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson in the new film Water for Elephants, being beaten and electric-shocked during training.
What You Can Do
* Please contact ADI today and find out how you can speak up for Tai and all animals being abused in the entertainment industry. If you live in the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or if you live in the U.S. please contact email@example.com and ask for a Water for Elephants Letter Writing Pack.
* Boycott this film and tell your family and friends to take a stand against animal cruelty by only supporting films without animal actors.
* Leaflet moviegoers at a theater near you to educate them about the abuse of Tai and other performing animals. Contact ADI to order leaflets.
* Contact your local theater with a copy of the DVD we can provide you, and politely ask them to make the right choice and stop showing the film.
* Contact ADI for a letter writing pack with sample letters to Water for Elephants actors and movie makers, and sample letters to the editor to help you raise your voice for Tai and the other animals abused for entertainment.
* Write a letter to your local paper about Tai’s abuse and educate the public that animal suffering is never romantic and it is never entertainment. (Sample letters available in our letter writing pack.)
* Contact the Director and Producer and politely ask that they make Water for Elephants the last film they will use live animal actors. (Contacts and sample letters available in our letter writing pack.)
* Share the link to the video on your Facebook and other social networking sites, to spread the word to family and friends.
Take Action (Yes, Again) To End the Taiji Slaughter
Contact the Japanese Embassy in Washington DC and urge them to stop killing dolphins and whales. Be polite, and urge them to protect Japanese consumers from mercury poisoning from eating dangerous whale and dolphin meat. The government of Japan should immediately pass laws to protect dolphins, porpoises and whales in their waters. By doing so, they would be sending the world a message of compassion.
PLEASE keep in mind that most Japanese do NOT know about the slaughters in Taiji.
Ambassador Ichiro Fujisaki
2520 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20008
phone (202) 238-6700
fax (202) 328-2187
Email: Japan Information and Culture Center
Atrazine – Let’s Get It Banned
Atrazine is one of the world’s most common pesticides: over 80 million pounds of it were used on American crops last year, and it has been in use for 50 years. This harmful pesticide turns male frogs into females at concentrations as low as 2.5 parts per billion. Frogs and humans share half our DNA, so Atrazine can’t be good for humans either. That’s likely why the European Union banned the harmful pesticide in 2004. Tell the EPA to BAN ATRAZINE IMMEDIATELY! Atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide in rainwater, groundwater and tap water in the USA. It kills ANIMALS…which includes humans.
Make direct contact:
Lisa P. Jackson
Environmental Protection Agency
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20460
EPA general number (202) 272-0167